Westmoreland County Housing Authority (WCHA) is currently accepting resumes for the full-time position of Property Manager for one of its sites in the northern portion of the county. WCHA has 41 housing sites throughout the county.
Prior experience and secondary education are helpful.
Job requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and operate housing community/communities as assigned, according to policies and regulations set forth by HUD and the Housing Authority.
- Accept telephone inquiries regarding housing and residents therein.
- Complete and process applications.
- Prepare and maintain all records and resident accounts for admission, termination, and transfers according to the rules and regulations established by HUD and the Housing Authority.
- Collect rents, security deposits, and other monies.
- Prepare and deliver bank deposits.
- Maintain petty cash receipts.
- Follow the collection policy as set forth on delinquent accounts.
- Schedule and conduct annual re-certifications and interims by preparing notices, verifying household composition, income, assets, medical expenses.
- Calculate rent changes on reported information.
- Balance and submit monthly all resident information per computer input. E.g. Rent collections, adjustments, charges, terminations, and transfers.
- Instruct residents on care of units; enforce all policies and lease regulations; investigate and remedy resident complaints and lease violations and execute evictions when necessary.
- Coordinate resident work orders with maintenance personnel and monitor job progress.
- Aide in conducting systematic inspections of units/grounds.
- Maintain office supplies and record usage to assist in perpetual inventory.
- Conduct resident meetings with management and maintenance personnel and submit monthly reports.
- Participate with resident organizations and advise residents of methods and principles of social and re- creational needs.
- Direct residents to social service agencies for counseling in dealing with social and community concerns.
- Collaborate with local government representatives and local law enforcement agencies for improvements within the community.
- Supervise daily use of community facilities and spaces.
- Attend meetings as required and accept additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Salary based on experience. The full-time position also offers a very comprehensive benefits package including flex-time, paid vacation, health insurance, 401k and pension.
To apply, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org