The Westmoreland County Housing Authority is accepting applications for a full-time accountant at its main office in Greensburg.
The position would be under the direction of the comptroller to perform technical and complex housing authority accounting functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant, hands-on accounting experience
- Knowledge of government and nonprofit accounting principles, concepts, and terminology
- Computerized accounting software experience
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties
- Demonstrate an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and assists in the operation of the accounting department
- Performs duties within the Authority’s accounting system related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory and property control, and tenant security deposits
- Managing company ledgers and reconciling bank accounts
- Preparation of financial summaries, statements, reports, and budgets
- Reviews budget control of program funds
- Scheduling, monitoring, and compiling data for annual financial audits
- Preparation of bi-weekly payroll in conjunction with payroll service
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the comptroller or chief accountant
The position offers a salary commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
For a full description of the position go the Employment Section of this website.
To apply, mail your resume to Westmoreland County Housing Authority, Attn: Linda Metz, 167 South Greengate Road, Greensburg, PA 15601 or email to email@example.com