The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County – WCHA Scholarship Fund
The Westmoreland County Housing Authority proudly announces the 11th Annual WCHA Scholarship Fund. The Westmoreland County Housing Authority (WCHA) Scholarship was established to encourage higher education and as a result, promote community responsibility, develop self-sufficiency and increase self-esteem.
The WCHA Scholarship will benefit high school seniors and adults entering secondary education who reside in Westmoreland County Housing Authority (WCHA) public housing, Westmoreland Non-Profit Housing Corporation (WNPHC) housing or participate in the Section 8 Program and wish to continue their education.
The WCHA Scholarship will be awarded to two eligible tenants in the amount of $2,500 each. This is a one-time scholarship.
The Westmoreland County Housing Authority (WCHA) Scholarship was established to encourage higher education and as a result, promote community responsibility, develop self-sufficiency and increase self-esteem.
- All applicants must be a Westmoreland County resident.
- All applicants must be a WCHA Public Housing or Section 8 tenant for 12 months prior to the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must be a household member and listed on the lease at time application and award.
- Student must be either Traditional or Non-traditional Student.
- Traditional Student- applicant is a high school senior and registered on a Full-Time basis
- Non-traditional Student – applicant is an adult continuing their education beyond high school who is registered on a Full-Time basis or on a Part-Time status if working.
- Enrolled in an accredited not-for-profit vocational/technical course, certified trade school, or college or university degree program.
- Eligible educational expenses as defined by current IRS guidelines.
- 3.0 (B) grade point average or better (for Traditional Students).
The scholarship will go directly to the school that the student will be attending.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Pittsburgh Foundation
Five PPG Place, Suite 250
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-5414
Applications are TO BE RECEIVED OR POSTMARKED BY: March 31 of each year.
Applications cannot be accepted by email or by downloading it to WCHA.
ONLY SUBMIT REQUESTED DOCUMENTATION. IF ANY REQUIRED CRITERIA ARE MISSING from the application package, THE APPLICATION WILL BE ELIMINATED from consideration.